The Indiana University Men's Golf team finished the River States Conference Fall Preview fifth of eleven teams after moving up three spots after day one of the 54 hole event.
Location: Union, Ky.
Course: Lassing Pointe Golf Club
Finish: 5th of 11
Team Score: 908
Full Results: Click Here
· At the end of day two, the Cougars improved from a 311 to a school record 295, that propelled the Cougars from eighth place to fifth.
· IU Kokomo held onto fifth place with a 302 in round three, giving the Cougars their best conference finish ever.
· Taylor Fletcher led the team once again, this time tying for an 11th place finish out of 58 total golfers. Fletcher shot a 75 in round one and improved to a 73 in round two before finishing the tournament with a 77 (225, +12).
· Tying for 33rd, Sam Seagrave shot an 81, 74, 82 for a total of 237.
· Seth Grimme finished within the top 40, with a 239 (78, 82, 79) to tie for 39th place.
Thoughts from Head Coach Dan Giesecke:
"We finished all five starters having scoring averages in the 70's. It was just great golf, something to always remember. It was a team effort that got us here so all 13 men deserve praise in this accomplishment. Guys at home pushed and pushed our travel team in practice and in tournaments to work harder on their games. Wildcat, Chippendale and the Kokomo Country Club were instrumental in our success this year, thanks to them for allowing us to work on our games at their venues."
The IU Kokomo Men's and Women's golf teams will conclude their 2017 Fall Season with the IU Kokomo Fall Invite at Wildcat Creek Golf Course from October 13-14 beginning at 12:30 pm each day.