Asbury entered the contest 5-0 in the River States Conference play and 10-3 overall. The Cougars, also undefeated (6-0), shut out the Eagles 3-0, moving their win-streak to 9 overall and improving their RSC record to 7-0, sitting alone in first place.
Location: Wilmore, Ky.
Opponent: Asbury University
Scores: 25-16, 25-21, 28-26
Record: 15-8, 7-0 RSC
- Leading the offense Lindi Thomas put up 10 kills on the attack and with nine digs and also added to the Cougar defense with one block.
- Nyssa Baker registered nine kills and a team-high four blocks.
- Contributing double-digit assists, Casey Colgate and Mary Westover put up 22 and 14 assists, respectively.
- Colgate also had nine digs
- With 17, Macee Rudy led IU Kokomo in digs.
Thoughts from Head Coach Heather Hayes:
"We are very happy to win the battle of the only undefeated teams left in the conference. We control our own destiny at this point in conference play. We need to continue to take one match at a time and one challenge at a time to reach our goals for the season."
The Cougars will travel to Fort Wayne for the Indiana Tech Liz Lykowski Memorial Tournament beginning on October 13th at 2:30 pm against Shawnee State University and the day will finish with Lawrence Tech at 6:30 pm. The tournament will continue on October 14th with a match against Indiana Tech at 10:00 am and IU Kokomo's final match will be versus Huntington at 2:00 pm.