After sitting in first place on day one of the Earlham College Fall Invite, the Indiana University Men's Golf Team finished second overall.
Location: Richmond, Ind.
Course: Forest Hills Country Club
Finish: 2nd of 9
Team Score: 642
Full Results: Click Here
· Taylor Fletcher led IU Kokomo, capturing a tie for first place after shooting a day one score of 73 and a day two score of 82 for a total of 155.
· Only four strokes behind Fletcher, Cam Weddell shot a 159, improving his round one score of 82 to a 77 in round two.
· Seth Grimme also showed improvement in his scores, shooting an 84 and then moving to an 81 on day two to tie for 11th place.
· Jacob Gray finished in the top 15 when he tied for 13th with his total score of 166 (80-86).
· Austin Welch and Gehrig Forsythe also tied for 13th. Welch shot an 81-85 and Forsythe scored an 83-83.
Thoughts from Head Coach Dan Giesecke:
" As a coach I have several things to be very happy with. Four of my starters finished in the top 11 with Taylor tied for first and cam in the fifth overall individual position. As a team we had, I believe our best finish ever in a field of this size, seven or more teams, at second place. Course management has been key to this year's success and will play an important roll at conference next week."
"We also took a second Cougar golf team to Forest Hills and they finished forth over all, just two behind the first squad. Austin, Gehrig, Cole, Kaleb and Ricky provided some excitement for me, a well done to those young men. Testament to their hard work in practice. Now its off to conference at Lassing Pointe this next weekend where we expect to be competitive."
On Oct. 9-10th the Cougars will travel to Union, Ky. To compete in the River States Conference Fall Preview at the Lassing Pointe Golf Club.