The Indiana University Cross Country Teams competed in the Louisville Classic that featured over 300 runners in both the men's and women's races and 38 women's teams and 36 men's.
Location: Louisville, KY
Race: Louisville Classic
Full Women's Results: Click Here
Full Men's Results: Click Here
- Women's 5K
o 15th of 38 (Other Division 5k Silver Race)
o Team Score: 420
- Men's 8K
o 14th of 14 (Other Division 8k Silver Race)
o Team Score: 1026
Top Finishers – Women
- As a team, the IU Kokomo women earned 15th place of 38 teams with their total time of 1:43:25.83.
- Taryn Thor placed third in the small school division with her time of 18:40.6 and Brittany Sloan in ninth at 19:30.34, the pair registered as the highest-placed finishers the Cougars have ever had at the Louisville Classic.
- Thor also registered as third overall with Sloan coming in 16th, out-racing competition from NCAA Division I, II and III as well as fellow NAIA schools.
- Finishing within the top 130, Caitlin Eltzroth crossed the finish at 21:25.30 for 126th place.
Key Stats – Women:
- Placing 154, Allison McMinn recorded a time of 21:47.90 out of 304 total runners.
- Finishing under 200, Jensen Freeman crossed in 166th place with her time of 22:02.23.
- Taylor Coram set a personal record with her time of 28:35.48.
Women's Performance from Head Coach Jason VanAlstine:
"The women's team was able to finish 15 of 38 teams in the small schools division of the Silver Race, finishing ahead of all of our conference opponents except Point Park. We also had some big individual performances, with Taryn and Brittany finishing 3rd and 9th and Taylor running a big PR."
Top Finishers – Men:
- Ethan Sharp finished first for the IU Kokomo men with his time of 29:23.13, finishing 173 out of 306 total runners.
- Also finishing within 200 runners, Ethan Dubbels ran a 29:32.66 for 187th place.
Key Stats – Men:
- With his time of 31:13.93 Hunter Purtee crossed the finish line in 257th.
- In 270th place, Adam Rood had a time of 31:42.75.
Men's Performance from Head Coach Jason VanAlstine:
"We were not at 100% with either team, which especially effected the men's team results with one of our top runners sitting out due to injury (Jordan Fivecoate). The men's team got out a little slower than I would have liked and struggled to move up in a crowded field for the first mile or so of the race, so that is something we can improve in our next race at Wilmington."
Overall thoughts from Head Coach Jason VanAlstine:
"Overall I was pretty pleased with our performance. The course ran a little slower than I expected, so the times were not where I was hoping, but the runners got out there and really competed. Most of them were passing people throughout the entire race in fields that included over 300 runners in each race. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone can do in two weeks at our next race."
Both the IU Kokomo Men's and Women's Cross Country teams will travel to Wilmington, Ohio to compete in the annual Jenna Strong Fall Classic on October 13th at 4:30 pm.